On Sunday as we were driving to church I told Eric that I was REALLY liking 2:00 church. My whole life I resisted afternoon church...it's too hard, you spend all day getting ready, no naps, the list goes on and on. Well, Sunday morning I decided that it is Wonderful! Eric lets me sleep in. I have plenty of time to prepare my lesson and get clothes ready and kids scrubbed. I said, "Can you imagine trying to go to early church now, after all these years of late church? It would be a disaster!" We get there and the Bishop stands up for announcements. He says that starting next week, church starts at 8:00AM. What? This can't be! I then remember my comments to Eric on the way. At the exact moment that I said those things, the universe shifted. The Bishop SAYS that he had a meeting with the Stake President about the unusual change but I'm certain that's only in his mind. He thinks he did, but our church time didn't actually change until I blurted out my true feelings. I jinxed it for myself and whoever else in my ward that was enjoying afternoon church. My heartfelt apologies. I will think twice before I speak and jinx whatever else may be going well for me.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment