After I picked Sadie up from school today she asked me if we could stop at Circle K after we went to the bank so she could get a slushy. I, of course, said, "We'll see." I don't know why but Zane thinks that that means yes. He starts cheering and I have to go through the whole schpeel about how "we'll see" doesn't necessarily mean yes. Maybe yes and maybe no. I told them both to be good and then I would make a decision. Zane has been stuttering really bad lately. Not really with the letters but with whole words...does that make sense? Well, on the way, Sadie and Zane start fighting about something so insignificant that I can't even remember what it was. Sadie gets so mad at him she slugs him. He starts wailing and, of course, I get mad at her. A few minutes later after everyone has calmed down Sadie asks, "can we get our slushies now?" I launch into a lecture about how can she expect a treat when she can't even be nice for 2 minutes. I go on and on and on and on and on. I learned from the best :) Finally Zane interrupts and asks with his stutter, "Mom-mom-mom-mom-mom- are you teaching us a lesson?" It struck me so funny that I couldn't even be mad anymore. Not sure a lesson was learned, but he could tell that I was serious!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So did they get a slushie?
Im with Zane, "We'll see" must mean yes because it doesn't mean no! I think he's learned the lesson "If you make Mom laugh, she might not be mad anymore and you still might get a slushie." That kids a smart one.
No-Slushy-for-you! (That was in the Soup Nazi Voice if you couldn't tell)
Hey what's with the "I learned from the best comment?"That would be Dad, right?
Yeah, Mom, whatever you say...(I'm an shaking my head no as I say that)
Post a Comment