So today was "slushy day" for the kids. I had promised them the previous night that if they got on their beds and went right to sleep that I would get them their long-awaited slushy. I know, poor deprived kids...but really, it builds character to be deprived, right? Well, we were ahead of schedule to pick up Deano from school so I thought we would stop real quick and get Sadie and Zane theirs. We get in the store and Sadie decides that she wants to get a treat instead. That was fine by me so she starts looking at every single item...all 2 thousand of them. I could just read her thought process because I know it so well- "this candy has more but this one is chocolate and that sounds good but look at that candy- I like that one too, which candy has more and which one will last longer but still taste the best...etc...etc..." Once she finally decides, she trys to talk Zane into getting her number two choice with the hope that she will get some of that treat, too. When treats are few and far between it's even harder. I feel really bad for her because I know what that feels like. I can make a huge decision fairly quickly but when it comes to the little ones like hmmm....what should I order at the restaurant? I can't decide. I go back and forth and weigh each choice like it's the last one I'll ever make. Then when the decision has been made and it's to late to go back, I have regret. Everyone else's food always looks better and I have "food envy." So to wrap up my long rambling blog...this one is going out to all of you who has ever said, "It's okay, Min- you can have half of my meal." To those of you that can tell be the look on my face that I'm disappointed that I didn't order what you ordered and you always share. You know who you are and I thank you! By the way-are you going to eat that?
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your posts make me laugh out loud. Good work. And we don't mind sharing with you...we plan on it actually. It's all good.
Heheh, that is too funny! The apple doesnt fall far and all that. Its true what Hanny said, ever notice how we never order the same thing as you? :)
Post a Comment